Screw Flight Calculator
Screw Flight Calculator is used to Calculate Blank Plate cutting Layout of Screw Flight used in Fabrication of Screw Conveyor, Ribbon Blender and Agitator or Mixer.
Screw Flight Calculator is used to generate Flat Pattern layout Marking of Screw Flight or Conveyor Blade or Ribbons in Ribbon Blender or Agitator is most widely used in Agitation or Mixing Industry and Screw Conveyor manufacturing Industry.
Screw Flight Calculator
Pipe Diameter : in mm.
Screw Pitch : in mm.
Screw Thickness : in mm.
Sp. Gravity of Material :
Terms Used in Screw Flight Calculator
Screw Flight Diameter (D) :
Screw Flight Diameter is Outside Diameter of Screw Flight or Conveyor Blade. It is denoted By D. It is the Final or Finish Diameter of the Flight. You have to provide this diameter in mm to get the required blank diameter size of the screw flight. For understanding, this size refers to the Standard Image of the Input Section.
Pipe Diameter (d):
Pipe Diameter is the inside diameter of the Screw flight. It is also called pipe diameter because it is the diameter that gets fitted with the pipe outside diameter which used as a hollow shaft for driving conveyor. It is denoted by d. for generating a flat pattern of screw flight or calculating blank plate diamter you have to provide this size in the input field. for Understanding, this refers to standard input image in the input data section and enter the value in mm.
Screw Pitch (P) :
Screw Pitch is nothing but the Pitch of the Screw Flight or Conveyor Blade. it is the pitch distance of the blade. It is denoted By P. for generating a flat pattern of screw flight or calculating blank plate diameter you have to provide this size in the input field. for Understanding, this refers to the standard input image in the input data section and enter the value in mm.
Screw Thickness (T) :
Screw thickness is the thickness of the blade. It is denoted by T. It does not play any role in Flat Pattern layout Calculation or Blank Plate size calculation But it required for the calculation of Weight Screw Flight. It required to enter in mm.
Material Specific Gravity :
Material Specific Gravity is value is also does not required in Screw flight flat pattern or blank plate caluculation but it is required to calculate weight of the screw flight. You does not required required to remeber this value is because we have provided list of standard material if you select material from this list it will automaticaly pick the value of material specific gravity value. If your Material is other than this list then only you required to enter the value for weight calculation if you dont want to weight then you can enter zero in this field.
Flight Width (H) :
Flight Width is the Width of the Blate Plate. It is the Difference between Flight outside diameter and inside diameter. It is automatically Calculated by Calculator and It is available at Result Data.
Development Radius (R1 & R2 ) :
It is calculated by calculator It is available in Result data. Development radius is the Outer and Inner radius of the Screw Flight Blank Plate and this is useful for Marking Flat pattern or Blank Plate Layout Marking.
Radial Cut Angle (β):
It is the angle of radial Cut of the Screw Flight. It is calculated by a calculator and available in result data.
All the above terms are shown in the image shown in the Input section and Output Section. please read the input data image for understanding input dimension notations and then input size carefully to get accurate layouting.
How to Use Screw Flight Calculator
- Firstly Navigate to the Screw Flight Calculator Input data section where you have to Enter All the Input dimensions required for the layout of your desired Final size of Screw Flight.
- Input Segment of This Web Calculator has Screw Flight Standard Image Describing various notations used for input for the easy understanding meaning of notations.
- You have to Provide inputs as Screw Flight Diameter (D), Pipe Diameter (d), Screw Pitch (P), Screw Thickness(T) to inputs fields.
- Select Material from the Material List if your Material is not available in the list then enter the value of specific gravity of your material in the specific gravity input field. if you select Material from the list then it automatically selects the value of specific gravity.
- When you Complete All Input Fields then simply click on the calculate button to get your result.
- If you left any input field empty then it will show you an error notification so if you are getting this notification then check all your empty fields and enter correct data to generate results.
- Output Data will be displayed after clicking on the Calculate button then it will show you output layout development marking for Screw Flight Blank Plate Size in two forms First layout for Without radial cut and other for with radial Cut. Flat Pattern layout development Standard images for Screw Flight Flat Pattern for understanding cutting layout.
- Output data is shown both for the Without radial Cut and with a radial cut for fabrication layout development. You have to refer to this data for marking the layout of the Scre flight.
- Output Data of the Screw Flight Layout Shows Outer and Inner Development radius, radial Cut angle, Cord length, arc length, Weight and No. of Flight per meter are shown below the Standard Output image.
- By using this Layout marking you can mark directly on your fabrication sheet or plate for further processing of fabrication works.
if you want to learn the fabrication layout marking method of Screw Flight then click here to download our ebook “Master in Fabrication Layou Development”. In this book all both Geometrical and Numerical Method of fabrication Layout of Screw Flight.
Why Should Use Screw Flight Calculator
- Screw Flight Calculator is helpful for Generating Flat pattern layout marking calculation for Fabrication of Screw Flight or Ribbon Blade of the desired size.
- This Calculator is useful for Raw Plate Size Calculation of Screw Flight or Ribbon Blade.
- This Calculator is also helpful for the Weight of Screw Flight.
- You Can save the Cost of Material by using this app because it helps to developed a Screw Flight layout by using the minimum scrap principle so it shows the minimum size required for miter bend fabrication.
Application Area of Screw Flight Calculator
Screw Flight App generate Flat Pattern layout of Screw Flight or Conveyor Blade or Ribbon in Agitator is most widely used in Agitation or Mixing Industry and Screw Conveyor manufacturing Industry.
This Calculator helps to get Raw Plate size for cutting blank of screw flight for forming process. This Raw Plate or Blank Plate is further used for forming screw flight with help of forming machine or manual twisting as per the process requirement of fabrication.
We always Recommend to our App user that first, you have to use a flat pattern layout without Radial cut Because it helps to increase accuracy.
This app is very useful in daily fabrication activity for lay outing transition pieces. this app helps you to save your time of fabrication and save the cost of fabrication. it also helps to increase the accuracy, efficiency, and productivity of your fabrication works.
This app helps to Fabrication Engineer, Fabrication Fitter, Production Engineer, Quality Engineer, Design Engineer, Costing and Estimating Engineer, Fabrication Contractor, Workshop Supervisor, Fabrication shop, Piping Engineer, Process Equipment manufacturers, Pressure Vessels Fabricators, Heat Ex-changer Manufacturers, Storage tank Manufacturers.
If you are looking for Various other useful fabrication Apps for your daily fabrication activity then Click here…
If you want to increase your knowledge by learning from us then you can join our various video course in the field of fabrication, Click here for details.