Miter Bend Calculator
Miter Bend Calculator is used to generate Flat Pattern Layout Marking or Fabrication layout of Miter Bend, Segment Bend, Cut Bend or Fabricated Bend.
Miter Bend Flat Pattern Calculator
Bend Radius : in mm.
Bend Angle : in Degree. (e.g 45, 90 etc.)
No. of Parts : Nos. (e.g 3, 4, 5 etc.)
No. of Development Lines : Nos. (e.g 12, 24, 48 etc.)
Terms Used in Miter Bend Calculator
Miter Bend Diameter (d) :
Bend Diameter is the diameter of pipe where fluid is passing through it. In this calculator bend diameter is denoted by “d”. it is shown in the standard figure of this calculator. In this calculator, the bend diameter value is depends upon how you want to develop your layout, if you want to mark the layout on a flat plate then you have to enter the mean diameter of the pipe or if you want to mark the layout directly on the pipe then you have to enter outside diameter of the pipe. This calculator follows the Metric unit system so please enter bend diameter in mm.
Miter Bend Radius (R):
Bend radius is the radius of the turn of the Miter bend. Bend Radius is nothing but the center-to-end dimensions of the Bend. This calculator follows the Metric unit system so please enter bend diameter in mm.
Bend Angle (θ) :
Miter Bend Angle is the angle of turn of the miter bend. This angle is the Bend angle. Bend angle should be entered in the input is in Degree. Miter angle can be of any degree but normally miter bend is 90 degrees, 45 degrees, or 30 degrees. but you can enter any angle you wish to fabricate.
No. of Parts (P) :
It is nothing but the number of parts in which you are going to fabricate your Miter Bend. Miter Bend can be made of any number of parts but no. of parts should be an optimum number so that it can be economical. Generally, Miter Bend can be fabricated in 3 parts, 4 parts, 5 parts, 6 parts etc. In Miter Bend Ends parts are smaller than the middle parts, normally the Middle part is a Double of the ends parts or the last parts. in this calculator, you have to enter inputs as no. of parts in which you are going to fabricate your miter bend.
No. of Development Lines (L) :
No. of development Lines are nothing but the marking lines for drawing or layouting flat pattern. No. of development lines are very important for flat pattern generating because it decides the accuracy of your fabrication layout so while selecting no. of development lines you have to select optimum number of development lines. More Number of Development lines gives higher Accuray but it consumes much more time for layouting. Less No. of Development lines gives less accuracy but saves layout marking time so is very necessary to select optimum no. of development lines. Generally No. of development lines are select in multiple of four such as 12, 24, 36, 48, 72, 96 etc. So while generating Miter Bend fabrication layout any of the above no. of development lines.
Miter Angle :
Miter Angle is the angle of Miter Bend Ends parts. It measures the angle between ends to ends parts. Miter Bend is an important parameter for Miter Bend Fabrication. In this calculator, Miter Bend is automatically calculated so you Don’t need to enter Miter Angle. Miter Angle calculated by using this calculator is in degree.
All the above terms are shown in the image shown in the Input section please read the input data image for understanding input dimension notations and then input size carefully to get accurate layouting.
How to Use Miter Bend Calculator
- Firstly Navigate to the Miter Bend Web Calculator Input data section where you have to Enter All the Input dimensions required for the layout of your desired Final size of Miter Bend.
- Input Segment of This Web Calculator has Miter Bend Standard Image Describing various notations used for input for the easy understanding meaning of notations.
- You have to Provide inputs as Bend Diameter (d), Bend Radius (R), Bending Angle (θ), No. of Parts (P), and No. of Development Lines to inputs fields.
- When you Complete All Input Fields then simply click on the calculate button to get your result.
- If you left any input field empty then it will show you an error notification so if you are getting this notification then check all your empty fields and enter correct data to generate results.
- Output Data will be displayed after clicking on the Calculate button then it will show you output layout development marking for Miter Bend Last parts and Miter Bend Middle Part. it also shows the last and Middle parts layout development Standard image for Miter Bend Flat Pattern for understanding cutting layout.
- Output data is shown both for the last parts and Middle Parts for fabrication layout development. You have to refer to this data for marking the layout of the last and middle parts respectively.
- Output Data of the Miter Bend layout Shows Miter angle and Raw Plate Size at Top of the Page and Layout Marking Dimensions for all development lines are shown below the Standard Output image.
- By using this Layout marking you can mark directly on your fabrication sheet or plate for further processing of fabrication works.
if you want to learn the fabrication layout marking method of Miter Bend then click here to download our ebook “Master in Fabrication Layou Development”. In this book all both Geometrical and Numerical Method of fabrication Layout of Miter Bend.
Why Should Use Miter Bend Calculator
- Miter Bend Calculator is helpful for Generating Flat pattern layout marking calculation for Fabrication of Miter bend of the desired size.
- This Calculator is useful for Raw Plate Size Calculation of Miter Bend.
- This Calculator is also helpful for the Weight of Miter Bend.
- You Can save Cost of Material by using this app because it helps to developed miter bend layout by using minimum scrap principle so its show minimum size required for miter bend fabrication.
Application Area of Miter Bend Calculator
This Calculator is used in Equipment Fabrication, Piping, Ducting, and Insulation fields. This Calculator is very useful for all working professionals in the Field of Fabrication of Piping, Ducting and Aluminium Insulation.
We Recommend our user that if you are planning to mark layout on plate before rolling process then you should give input diameter should be of mean diameter for higher accuracy or if you are planning to mark layout directly on pipe or outside of the pipe after rolling then you can use input diameter should be outside diameter for Higher accuracy and better workmanship of fabrication.
You must have to select optimal development lines for generating layout because development lines are directly affect accuracy and time of lay outing miter bend, If you select more no of development lines then it will give more accuracy but required more time for marking layout on plate or if you select less no. of development lines then it will give you less accuracy but required less time for marking layout so you have to select such no of development lines that should not affect more on accuracy but also required less time.
This Calculator is very useful for those who are working in fabrication of Pipelines, HVAC Ducting, and Aluminium Insulation Industry.
please note that Cutting allowance are not included in this calculator so please add your cutting allowance as per your Requirement.
it is best Suitable for Cut Bends, Segment Bends, fabricated Bend, Miter Bend etc.
It is useful for Fabrication Industry, Process Equipment Manufacturing Industry, Ducting manufacturing Industry, Sheet Metal Manufacturing Industry, Insulation Industry.
This Calculator is very useful in daily fabrication activity for lay outing transition piece. this app is help you to save your time of fabrication and save cost of fabrication. it also helps to increase accuracy, efficiency and productivity of your fabrication works
If you are looking for Various other useful fabrication Apps for your daily fabrication activity then Click here…
If you want to increase your knowledge by learning from us then you can join our various video course in the field of fabrication, Click here for details.