Cone Calculator is used to calculate Fabrication Layout Markings or Flat Pattern Layout Marking of Full Cone, Half Cone or Truncated Cone, Multi-Level concentric Cone, Eccentric Cone, Multi-Level Eccentric Cone, Tori Cone with Knuckle Radius at Large End, Tori Cone with knuckle radius at Both Ends.
This calculator is useful for fabrication Industry, Process Equipment Manufacturing Industry, Pressure Vessel Manufacturing Industry, Piping Industry, Sheet Metal Industry, Heavy Equipment Fabrication Industry or any similar Industry where cone fabrication works involved.
Select Cone Types :
Terms Used in Cone Calculator
Cone Large Diameter (D) :
Cone Large Diameter (D) is the Diameter of Concentric Cone or Eccentric Cone r Tori Cone at Large End. It is Denoted By D in this Calculator. If you are planning to Mark the layout on a Flat Plate Then use the Mean Diameter of the Cone that is nothing but Inside Diameter plus thickness or Outside Diameter minus thickness for higher accuracy. But if you are directly marking layout on cone then use outside diameter. This calculator accepts metric dimensions so please enter your value in mm. Refer Standard Image for Large Diameter D.
Cone Small Diameter (d) :
Cone small Diameter (D) is the Diameter of Concentric Cone or Eccentric Cone r Tori Cone at small End. It is Denoted By d in this Calculator. If you are planning to Mark the layout on a Flat Plate Then use the Mean Diameter of the Cone that is nothing but Inside Diameter plus thickness or Outside Diameter minus thickness for higher accuracy. But if you are directly marking layout on cone then use outside diameter. This calculator accepts metric dimensions so please enter your value in mm. Refer Standard Image for Large Diameter d.
Cone Height (H) :
Cone Height is the Distance between the Large end and small end vertically. it is required for the cone fabrication layout or flat Pattern layout development. It is denoted by H. Refer Standard Image for Cone Height H.
Cone Angle (α) :
Cone Angle is included half-angle of the cone. It is denoted by α. Cone angle should be entered in Degrees.
No. of Levels (N) :
No. of Levels are important dimensions while layouting Multi-Level Cones. No. of Levels nothing but no. of parts doing in Height wise. It is the process of converting the whole cone into an equal no. of parts. this types of the cone are required when the large cone is fabricated and it is not possible to layout the cone in a single part due to limitations of raw material sizes or limitations of forming process. It is denoted by N. Refer to Standard Image for Multilevel cones.
Knuckle Radius (R or r) :
Knuckle Radius is the dimension required for flat pattern layouting of Toricone. Knuckle radius at Large end normally denoted by R and Knuckle Radius at Small end is denoted by r. Refer to Standard Image for Toricone with Knuckle radius at Large End and Knuckle radius at Both Ends.
No. of Development Lines (N) :
No. of Development lines are a very important input field in this calculator. It is the no. of equal division lines for flat pattern layout marking. It is required to give this input while layouting Eccentric Cone. No. of development lines play a very important role in the accuracy of the layout so optimum no of development lines are needed to select. We always recommend users give this value in multiples of four such as 12, 24, 36, 48, 72, 96, etc.
Development Radius (R1 and R2) :
Development Radius has calculated this calculator and Denoted By R1 and R2 for Inner and Outer Radius respectively. This development Radius is used to layout cone fabrication layout markings or Flat Pattern Markings. Refer to Standard Image for understanding these dimensions at Output sections.
Development Angle (θ) :
Development Angle has calculated by this calculator and Denoted By θ. This development Angle is used to layout cone fabrication layout markings or Flat Pattern Markings. Refer to Standard Image for understanding these dimensions at Output sections.
Development Cord Length (X1 and X2) :
Development Cord Length has calculated by this calculator and Denoted By X1 and X2. This development Angle is used to layout cone fabrication layout markings or Flat Pattern Markings. Refer to Standard Image for understanding these dimensions at Output sections.
All the above terms are shown in the Standard image shown in the Input section. Please read the input data image for understanding input dimension notations and then input size carefully to get an accurate Flat Pattern layout.
What are Types of Cone Flat Pattern Available with Cone Calculator
In this Cone Calculator, we have the following Types of Cone Fabrication Layout Flat Pattern Options are available.
- Full Cone or Concentric Cone.
- Truncated Cone or Half-Cone.
- Multi-Level Concentric Cone.
- Eccentric Cone.
- Multi-Level Eccentric Cone.
- Tori Cone with Knuckle Radius at Large End.
- Tori Cone with Knuckle Radius at Both Ends.
How to Use Cone Calculator
- Firstly Navigate to the Cone Calculator and Select the Type of Cones option from the list for Flat Pattern Layout Calculations.
- After Cone Types Selection you have to Enter All the Input dimensions required for this Flat Pattern Calculations.
- Input Segment of This Web Calculator has Each Cone Types Standard Image Describing various notations used for input for the easy understanding meaning of notations.
- You have to Provide inputs as per standard input image in the inputs fields to generate layout.
- Enter No. of Development lines for Flat Pattern Layout Select Value as multiples of four such as 12, 24, 36, 48, 96, etc.
- When you Complete All Input Fields then simply click on the calculate button to get your result.
- If you left any input field empty then it will show you an error notification so if you are getting this notification then check all your empty fields and enter correct data to generate results.
- Output Data will be displayed after clicking on the Calculate button then it will show you output as Standard Output Image and Marking Dimensions Length for Flat Pattern Layout.
- By using this Data you can mark directly on your fabrication sheet or plate for further processing of fabrication works.
if you want to learn the fabrication layout marking method of Pipe Branch Connections then click here to download our ebook “Master in Fabrication Layout Development”. In this book all both Geometrical and Numerical Method of fabrication Layout of all types of the branch pipe connections.
Why Should Use Cone Calculator
- Cone Calculator is helpful for Generating Flat Pattern Layout or Fabrication Layout of all types of cones.
- This Calculator gives a complete solution to all types of Cones Fabrication Layout.
- You Can save the Cost of Material by using this calculator.
- You can Save Time on your Fabrication Layouting process.
- An easy and Faster way to layout cones flat pattern.
Application Area of Cone Calculator
Cone Calculator is useful for fabrication Industry, Process Equipment Manufacturing Industry, Pressure Vessel Manufacturing Industry, Piping Industry, Sheet Metal Industry, Heavy Equipment Fabrication Industry or any similar Industry
This app helps to Fabrication Engineer, Fabrication Fitter, Production Engineer, Quality Engineer, Design Engineer, Costing and Estimating Engineer, Fabrication Contractor, Workshop Supervisor, Fabrication shop, Piping Engineer, Process Equipment manufacturers, Pressure Vessels Fabricators, Heat Ex-changer Manufacturers, Storage tank Manufacturers.
If you are looking for Various other useful fabrication Apps for your daily fabrication activity then Click here…
If you want to increase your knowledge by learning from us then you can join our various video courses in the field of fabrication, Click here for details.