This post is to learn how to layout in Fabrication for making pipe to pipe or shell to shell or pipe branch Connection or shell to big Nozzle Connection.
In this post we will descuss both graphical and numericl method with practical use of this method using example.
Graphical or Geometrical Lay-outing Method:
1. Draw Elevation & Half View of Cylinder on Bottom & Side view with Actual Size.
2. Divide the Half Circle in to many Equal part as you desired for your accuracy of your layout as shown in figure1.1.
3. Project the Lines from Half View to elevation View of Cylinder to Cylinder intersection as shown in figure 1.1.
4. Divide Circumference of Connecting Cylinder to equal no of part as you Divide for circle as shown in figure1.2
5. Project the Lines from the half circle to Divided Cylinder .
6.Marks the Distance as C1,C2,C3,C4 as shown in figure1.2.
Numerical Lay-outing Method:
R= Radius of cylinder.
α= Included Angle of Each part.
N= No. of parts to Divide Circle.
Using this calculated value we can mark our development as shown in figure 1.3 & use it for fabrication of Cylinder to Cylinder Intersection.
Example: Layout the Development of cylinder to Cylinder Intersection having Main shell Diameter 600 mm and branch Connection of 600 mm Diameter taken from main Shell having center line projection is 800 mm. Main shell height 1000 mm and branch located at 500 mm from bottom.
Circumference = Pi*D = 3.142*600=1885
So, Using this calculated value we can mark our development as shown in figure 1.3 & use it for fabrication of Cylinder to Cylinder Intersection.