What is Mean By Code?
It consist of Standard or Rule for Deign,Fabrication,Installation,Inspection,Testing of Industrial process plants.
What is Mean By Standards?
It is a group of Rules prepared by professional group of people for the Design,Manufacturing and pressure Integrity of the components.
Use of standards is responsibility of users but code has to followed as Mandatory requirement.
Codes – It is applicable For all Piping system.
Standards- It is applicable for Individual Components of Piping System.
Some Piping Codes:
- B31.1 – Power Piping
- B31.3 – Process Piping
- B31.4 – Liquid Piping
- B31.5 – HVAC Piping
- B31.8 – Gas Piping
Major Organizations for Standards:
|1||U.S.A||American Society of Mechanical Engineer/ American Nationals Standards||ASME/ANSI|
|2||CANADA||Standards Committee of Canada||SCC|
|3||EUROPE||Committee of European Normalization||EN/CEN|
|4||BRITAIN||British Standards Institute||BS/BSI|
|5||FRANCE||Association of Franciaise||AFNOR|
|6||GERMANY||Deustche Institute of Normalization||DIN|
|7||JAPAN||Japanese Industrial Standardization Committee||JISC|
|8||INDIA||Bureau of Indian Standards||IS/BIS|
|9||WORLD||Organization for International Standard||ISO|
Principals of Piping Engineering
- Safety : The piping system design,fabricated,installed and Inspected should be safe.
- Construct-ability : The piping system design and fabrication Should be construct table.
- Operation-ability : The piping system design and fabrication Should also be operable.
- Maintainability : The piping system design and fabrication Should also be Maintainable.
- Economy : The piping system design and fabrication Should also be economical.
Types of piping projects:
- Greenfield project : it is Completely new piping project.
- brownfield project : it is replacing the plant and reconstruction of the piping system.
- 2D software : AutoCAD, Microstation
- 3D software : PDMS , PDS, SP 3D, Auto Plan
- Stress analysis software : CAESAR – II
- Review software : SPR , Nasivwork